Equinox to Winter Solstice Song Facilitation Group
Learning to Hold Musical Space for Transformation
Thursdays in Marin from 6:30-9pm
Limited to 6 female-identified folks
3 Daylong Retreats, 9 Evening Groups,
Weekly individualized phone sessions
3 in person sessions over 4 months
Support in creating your own groups
Daylongs: October 13, Nov 24, Dec 15
Sept: 26 Oct- 10, 17, 31 Nov- 7, 21 Dec- 5, 12, 19
You understand the importance music plays on transformational growth, and your spirit sings at the thought of holding this space for others. You don't have to be a musical genius to hold this space- moreso someone who cultivates themselves in an open, accepting, and loving way to create the container for transformation in others to occur. But being a facilitator of song also means having the abilities to create a safe musical container, which means understanding the basic music fundamentals of rhythm, ear training, song sharing, improvisation, prayer, and self-directed study so that your students feel safe to open up and share, knowing that you're holding them.
Ready to dive in?
- Rhythm + ear + harmonizing training
- Spaceholding and energy work
- Learning the basics around music theory / reading music / teaching song
- Create your own singing groups and get personalized feedback and mentoring with Lauren to hone and sharpen your skills.
- Cultivating space for all people to feel safe in your circles
- Learn how to be an engaging song leader
- Understand the depth of improv and how to hold improvisational space
- Deepen into your own discernment around songs + cultural appropriation
- Explore your own lineage regarding song
- Improve on your own songwriting and learn how to open your own creative channels as well as holding space for others to do the same
*It is important for those interested to have a background (past or recent) in musical training, either with Lauren, another teacher, or self-taught. Please consult Lauren if this group sings to you but you’re not sure if you’re a fit.*